Bath estate planning attorneys can provide you with help preparing for what will happen if you get sick and planning for what will happen after you pass on. It’s a common misconception that you only need estate planning help if you are old but this is not the case. You should talk with estate planning attorneys even if you are younger, as a lawyer with experience in estate planning can help you in many important ways.
If you reach out to The Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. today, you can find out all that an estate planning lawyer can do for you. We can provide you with personalized one-on-one advice about your specific situation and can help you to ensure you have done everything you need to in order to protect yourself and your heirs or beneficiaries.
Who Should Talk to Estate Planning Attorneys?
It is important to talk with an estate planning attorney in almost all situations if you do not already have an estate plan. You need to talk with an attorney if:
- You want to control the kinds of medical care you’ll receive if you become very sick or hurt: If you are very sick or hurt, you may be unable to communicate your preferences for care. If you have not made used advanced directives to specify your preferences for care, your family could be in the difficult position of struggling to determine what kinds of care you would have wanted to receive.
- You have young children and you want to ensure they are appropriately cared for and provided for if something happens to you. You should work with an experienced attorney to name a guardian for your kids and to make plans so they can be provided for financially. This will ensure that there is no custody battle, that the right person raises your kids, and that the money will be there to support them.
- You have pets and you want to ensure they are cared for if you can’t care for them: You don’t want your pets to end up homeless because there is no one to care for them. Working with an attorney, you can name a trusted person to provide appropriate care and can even set aside money designated specifically for the care of your animals.
- You want to determine what will happen to your assets after you pass away: You can use tools such as trusts to take much more control over exactly what happens to assets and how an inheritance is used by heirs or beneficiaries. You can also simply create a last will and testament if you want to specify where your money and property will go when you are gone. If you don’t make plans for the transfer of wealth to desired heirs or beneficiaries, then intestacy law will determine where your hard-earned money goes.
There may also be other reasons you need to talk with estate planning lawyers, such as if you have a business that you want to make sure you can pass on to heirs or beneficiaries. Because there are many different legal tools you can use to plan for the future and many issues you need to address, getting the right help while you are as young and healthy as possible is important — as is keeping your plan updated throughout your life.
Getting Help from Estate Planning Attorneys
Estate planning attorneys at The Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. assist people of all ages with all different kinds of planning steps. Whether you just want to create a simple estate plan to determine what happens if you get sick and who inherits when you pass away or whether you want more assistance taking control over your legacy, we can provide the help and support that you need for your particular situation.
To find out more about the services we can provide to you, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at 585-374-5210 or contact us online at any time to talk with a compassionate and knowledgeable member of our legal team about your estate planning goals.
Latest posts by Michael Robinson, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- ABLE Accounts - April 24, 2019
- What Are 529 Plans and What Are Their Advantages? - April 17, 2019
- Beneficiary Designations, etc., Aren’t a True Substitute for a Trust - April 17, 2019