Are all assets required to go through probate?
How can a trust help me estate avoid probate?
Can the manner in which I title assets help avoid probate?
Why is probate avoidance such a common goal?
What if the decedent didn’t leave a Will?
Do all estates have to go through probate?
What is probate?
- Making sure that all estate assets are identified, located, and valued
- Authenticating the decedent’s Last Will and Testament
- Litigating any challenges to the Will
- Notifying beneficiaries and/or heirs
- Notifying creditors
- Reviewing creditor claims and paying approved claims
- Calculating and paying any gift and estate taxes due
If you have additional questions about probate avoidance, or if you wish to discuss incorporating probate avoidance into your estate plan, contact the experienced estate planning attorneys at Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. by calling (585) 546-1734 to schedule an appointment.