Veterans’ benefits go well beyond the pension and the healthcare that you should be receiving based on your service record. Many veterans begin to experience more pressing medical and personal needs as they age. There are often benefits programs which can help with those needs, if you are aware of how to take advantage of them. The Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. can provide you with help in understanding all of the steps you must take in applying to take advantage of the benefits programs you have earned.
Many veterans and their families throughout the Finger Lakes, Rochester, Naples and surrounding areas have turned to our legal team to assist them with the bureaucratic process of fighting for benefits. We have experience navigating the VA systems and we can put our knowledge to work to help you to ensure the VA provides the services you need. To get personalized assistance with veterans’ benefits, give us a call at (585) 546-1734. We can also provide answers to your questions including:
- What veterans’ benefits should I be eligible for?
- How do I get veterans’ benefits that I need?
- How can a Finger Lakes veterans’ benefits lawyer help me?
What Veterans’ Benefits Should I Be Eligible For?
The veterans’ benefits which you are eligible for are going to vary based on your income, your service record, your health and disability status, and the services in the particular community where you live. Some of the different benefits, programs, and services which you and your family may potentially be able to take advantage of include:
- Aid & Attendance, which is a pension increase for certain veterans who are bedridden, in nursing homes, or in need of assistance with routine activities of daily living.
- Geriatrics and extended care services, which focuses on helping senior veterans who are disabled, have life-limiting illnesses, or have chronic conditions.
- Long-term care services, including home-based care, community care, and care provided in residential settings or nursing homes.
- Health care for seniors, including preventative screenings and treatment.
- Shared decision-making assistance, which helps seniors and their families to map out a plan for end-of-life decisions and other healthcare issues.
- Adult day healthcare, which may be available to senior veterans who require supervision and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Home based primary care services and home health aides.
- Hospice and palliative care services.
- Respite care for caregivers.
- Telehealth care to make it easier to obtain health information without having to leave the home and see a doctor.
- Medical foster care for veterans with medical issues who require temporary care and assistance.
These are just some of the many different programs provided by the VA and focused on aiding the elderly. You need to determine which, if any, of these programs and benefits could be available to you and could be a help for you and your family members.
How Do I Get Veterans’ Benefits That I Need?
There are different processes for applying for different types of VA benefits programs. You may need to complete an application, meet with a caseworker, provide proof of your service record, provide proof of income, and provide proof of health status. The specifics of what is required can vary substantially from program to program and it can be very confusing for many veterans and their families to navigate the complicated bureaucracy and cut through the red tape to get all of the necessary benefits.
The best option to make sure you know of all benefits available to you and to ensure that you are able to apply and maximize your chances of approval in a timely manner is to get legal help from an experienced and caring professional who understands the VA benefits system. Our Finger Lakes veterans’ benefits lawyers have a long history of helping veterans and we will guide you through the benefits application process.
How can a Finger Lakes Veterans’ Benefits Lawyer Help Me?
The Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. has provided assistance to many veterans and their families in the Finger Lakes, Rochester, Naples and surrounding areas. We are committed to helping veterans to take full advantage of all of the benefits they have earned through their selfless and brave service to the United States military. To find out how we can put our knowledge and experience to work to help you take full advantage of programs and services you deserve, give our veterans’ benefits lawyers a call today at (585) 546-1734.