Bath estate planning attorneys provide invaluable help to clients in all different types of life circumstances and in all different situations. Talking with an attorney is essential to ensure that you are prepared for whatever the future brings. While many people think that only those who are older should worry about estate planning, the reality is there are many people who can benefit from the assistance and advice that an estate planning attorney can offer.
The Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. will work closely with you to develop a personalized estate plan appropriate to your current life stage. You should give us a call to talk with an attorney at our firm and to find out about the ways in which we can help you.
Who Should Talk to Estate Planning Attorneys?
Anyone who does not already have an estate plan in place should talk with estate planning attorneys who can help you to make effective use of legal tools and documents to protect your own future and to provide for your loved ones.
However, there are some specific circumstances that can make it especially important to talk with an attorney for help making your estate plan. You should make certain to reach out to an estate planning attorney as soon as possible if any of the following are true:
- You have children: If you have children, you want to ensure that you have a plan to provide for your children in case something happens to you. This could mean purchasing life insurance, putting money into a trust, or taking steps to ensure that your assets can pass to your children in an appropriate way. You also need to make certain that you have named a guardian for minor children in case you can’t raise them until they are adults.
- You want to ensure your pets are cared for: If something happens to you, it is also important to ensure you have a plan in place for your pets. This could include someone to care for them and you may also want to think about providing financially for their care.
- You want to protect your autonomy in case of a medical emergency: You should have a living will or other tools in place to determine what will happen to you if you become sick or hurt and cannot communicate your preferences for medical care. This could include advanced directives that specify who will make decisions about care on your behalf and what specific types of care you do and do not wish to receive.
- You want to protect your assets: There are many possible ways that your wealth could be at risk, especially as you get older. An estate planning attorney can help you to ensure you’re able to use your wealth to leave a legacy.
- You want to control who inherits: If you do not want intestacy law to determine who gets your hard earned money or property, it is important to get legal help to make a will, trusts, or to otherwise put plans in place to pass assets onto your loved ones and causes you care about.
There are just a few of many situations where The Law Office Of Michael Robinson, P.C. can provide you with personalized help with the estate planning process. If you do not have a comprehensive estate plan, you should not wait to get help because you never know when something could happen to you.
Getting Help from Bath Estate Planning Attorneys
Bath estate planning attorneys at The Law Office of Michael Robinson, P.C. can provide personalized assistance to people of all ages who need to create an estate plan. Whether you are concerned about medical care in your future, providing for loved ones, or controlling your legacy, our firm can provide the help and support you need.
To find out more about all of the different estate planning services that we can offer, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at 585-374-5210 or contact us online to get your personalized estate plan created.
- Living in a Digital World and the Importance of Planning for Cryptocurrency - January 5, 2022
- Don’t be a Turkey – Use Your Annual Per Donee Exclusion Amount - December 29, 2021
- Are You Too Young for Estate Planning? - December 28, 2021