In order to create an effective and comprehensive estate plan, you will likely want to work with an experienced estate planning attorney. With so many attorneys to choose from, it can be difficult to make your decision. It’s important to make sure that you and your attorney are able to communicate effectively so that your plan meets all of your needs.
Take a look at the information below for advice on how to choose a great estate planning attorney.
- You want to work with an estate planning attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable in the field. Your attorney should have experience handling a variety of estate planning cases. It’s a good idea to ask friends and family members if they recommend a particular estate planning attorney. Feel free to ask your attorney about his or her experience and education.
- Make sure that you and your attorney get along. You will have to discuss many personal and difficult topics with your attorney. It’s important to make sure that you feel comfortable talking with your attorney. This will make it easier to have a good and lasting relationship and will make you want to get the help that you need.
- You should choose an attorney who makes you feel comfortable with the process. You should not feel uncomfortable asking a lot of questions or asking for advice. Make sure that your attorney is willing and able to explain everything in as much detail as you need. You need to make sure that you’re able to understand your plan.
Don’t just settle for any attorney. Take the time to carefully make your decision so that you have the best plan possible. If you have any questions about the planning process, or if you’d like to begin your estate planning, consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.
Latest posts by Michael Robinson, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- 10 Things You May Not Know about Alzheimer’s Disease - August 15, 2019
- The Importance of Communicating Your Plans - August 14, 2019
- How Can I Protect My Non-Citizen Spouse in My Estate Plan? - August 13, 2019